Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Need some imput

  1. #1
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Your dress is beautiful! I love the color. Here is what I would do if it were my listing:

    I would increase the font size (for the older crowd who can't see as well).

    Put some important things in bold.

    Consider adding a designer listing for 10 cents. You can have an eye catching background and change the placement of your photos. I like mine centered on the top and bottom.

    MOST IMPORTANT - get a plain background or a clutter free scene for the pictures. The picture of the undergarments is distracting because of the wood table and whatever else is around the edge of the photo. You can use a dark colored sheet for white items or a white sheet for dark items. I usually use my bed quilt if it matches the item OK or my white tiled table if that matches better. Here is one of my e-Bay auctions. I have had pretty good success with this format:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

    Good Luck!!!! Great job sewing!!!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 01, 2006 01:19 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Of course, put American Girl in the title and hurry up and do it before you get a bid. Once you get a bid, your revisions are limited to adding to the description.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Personally, I rarely bid on an item with a reserve.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't use reserves myself. I have found that on e-Bay you might get less money for some things, but you usually get more $$$ overall if you start with a low price and have no reserve. I look at the total sales. With a seamstress, if you plan on developing a reputation on e-Bay, you might have to sell a few things lower than you want to in the beginning.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it looks excellent. Very reasonable shipping!

    I would not include the negative parts about how difficult it is to put on and that instructions are needed. I would just leave it at "Intended for adult collectors."

    Great job! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have modified this listing and will do it slighlty differently for the new ones. I need to take another picture of the undergarments but need to find something dark to do it on.

    Ashley

  7. #7
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The suggestions above were excellent, especially the one about having a plain background for the item.

    Looking over the listing as it now is written, I am very pleased to see a listing that is clear, concise, with reasonable pictures of the items and very reasonable terms. The shipping is reasonable and you accept PayPal. Were the outfit of the style preferred by my "girls" I would bid, although my only reservation is that I only very rarely bid on auctions with a reserve. Some other buyers have expressed the same reservation...

    Taffy

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I will not sell them for less that $25 so I can't decide between the reserve or setting it as the starting price. Any advice.

    Ashley

  9. #9
    Inactive Member gritsmommyof5's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2004
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What about a BIN price?

    Also you have purple spelled wrong....

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it would be better to state that your reserve is $25, rather than $25 starting price.

    That's just my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •